Purpose & Expertise
MCC CE focuses on:
- Developing capacity by working collaboratively with people and communities in BC
- Building self-reliance in individuals facing transition and barriers to employment
- Responding to social problems innovatively
- Supporting the work of Mennonite Central Committee BC
Through our enterprises, MCC CE:
- Provides professional, local services and products to our communities
- Gives opportunity for work experience in a “living laboratory”
- Teaches the hard and soft skills needed for the BC labour market
- Develops capacity through training and upgrading
MCC CE staff have expertise in feasibility, need and demand studies, project and program design, project implementation and management, and program monitoring and evaluation.
One of the local programs that we support is Raven’s Moon Resource Society (www.ravensmoon.ca) which works to address homelessness in Abbotsford. MCC CE also coordinates the tri-annual homelessness count (community based research conducted regularly since 2004).
We also work closely with the Fraser Valley Regional District and municipal governments in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Mission and Agassiz in the areas of poverty reduction, advocacy and education, focusing on the issues of affordable supportive housing, addictions, homelessness and concurrent disorders.